Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Resource Management Project

On thsi project we have to choose our own otpic on a problem/issue, that i going on on an specific country, state or city. Dirts we had to research about the country and the problem and why it was happening and write an essay, the we had to write a letter to the senate or and gevernemnt official about the problem that is happening in that certian area and some solutions fro the problem. The write an abstract and other other commponets from our choice.

I diced to research about all the violence that is happening in Tijuana, Mexico. All the things happening south of the border and the actual story of why is this happeing. SO I diceded to make a PSA to rasie awareness and write an article and sumitted to at least two newspapers. I chosse this project because I grew up in Tijaana, actually still doing it, I go there every weekend to visit friends and family.

Abstract

More than 800 people have been killed in Tijuana related to drug trafficking, and in Mexico more then 5000. The main problem is people in the drug business, also innocent people get killed but only a small fraction, and they were people that spend time with the wrong people or they were at the wrong place at the wrong time.
This is not an issue for a lot of people that chose the right path, but it creates fear of a shootout or a conflict with drug a traffickers. That is the major problem to the community; people can’t go out confident of nothing happening.
My project is to create a PSA to create awareness to not join the drug business, because that is why people are dying in Mexico. Those 5000 people that died were not innocents, they were people related in drug trafficking, of course there are some innocent people killed, but it’s only a very small fraction and they were also with the wrong people or at the wrong place at the wrong time. This will not stop the violence in Mexico, buy a least a number of people will not join the drug business.


Letter to Represantive

Dear Senator Barbara Boxer

I urge you to not just make the border more protected from people coming from the outside, but from people going also out of the country, of course our main objective is to protect out own country, but we should also care about our neighbors. I was born in San Diego but my family raised me in Tijuana, Mexico. Let me tell you I live in Chula Vista, and I cross the border several time a week, to visit family and friends, and there is a huge difference in crossing the borders.
I have the Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection or SENTRI, so I cross the border with no problem. However the border patrol check who is coming in, but when I cross into Mexico I rarely get the Inspection light. Since guns are legal here if one obtains a federal firearms license, people often and transfer them into Mexico, in which firearms, where are illegal.
Sadly there is corruption in the Mexican Border Protection Agency or ADUANA, so Mexico can not do too much. If the U.S. be stricter on who goes out, in an organized way. By doing this we can help Mexico at least lower some percentage in violence and also lower some amount of drugs imported from Mexico, so both countries get something by doing this.
Sincerely,
Javier A. Bustamante
521 Carlos CYN Ct
Chula Vista, CA
91910

No comments: